2011年2月13日星期日

Some differences between UK and China

Almost three weeks have gone. Time fies!!! Although I havn't experienced all the daily life in UK, I have felt some differences between UK and China.

The first difference is about occupation. In UK, many people will tell you their jobs proudly, such as a taxi driver, a cake maker, meanwhile they have great interets in it. We can say the reason why they choose those as their occupations is that they love their jobs. Unfortunately, peopele will not choose jobs so easily just because they love that kind of job. They will balance the interesting and the future development. People will place the future development at first, which means that the job should gurantee them to have enough income. The competence is so fierce that we should sacrifice our interests to insure that we can survive in the fickle world. We students will choose the major we are not interested in because of  the same reason. From the standpiont of deep, the real reason is the society. UK is a developed country, so his welfare is quite sound, while China is still a developing country. Thers is not perfect welfare. China should banlance all the contradictions. If China was a developed country, the problem might disappear.

The second is about reading. When I went to London, I saw a lot of people read books ot newspaper in the tube. It is really a goog habit. While in China, most of the people will not read when they are on their way. There may be some reasons. Firstly, the transportation system is the main reason. UK has a perfec taffic system, people can do some reading whitout worrying about jam on the way. While in China, there is  too much traffic, and the traffic is not sound, so we will worry about the time when we will arrive. And the environment is not quite good for us to do some reading in China. Secondly, it may be that the people love the literature better than Chinese people. There are so many famous writers and poets such as Shakespeare and the Bront Sister. In my opinion, these are the main reasons.

The last is about the languae people use in UK. One day night I was asked whether I wanted to have tea. I felt so strange, because it was time to have supper, what's more I was hungry, so I answered no. Bev also felt strange when I said no. At last I was so hungry that I asked Bev when we could have supper, Bev said that it had been already done, but you said you didn't want to have that. Oh my god, in the UK, tea has the same meaning like supper!

Those above are the things that I feel different between the UK and China strongly. Thanks to the oppotunity that Zhejiang University gave me this chance to attend this programme to have a visit in the UK, so I can have these feelings. It really boarden my horizon!!!

1 条评论:

  1. I hope that you will be able to read this Megan. This shows some really good differences that you have noticed! I hope that you will always remember your time in York.

    Dawn

    回复删除